• Artist's Note About Messages:
I receive an amazing ton of messages - I do my very best but I am a hopeless introvert and I tend to get overwhelmed. I frequently unplug from the web. I may be slow to respond, and I'm sorry that I can't respond to everyone.
Thank you for your understanding, I love you guys and I'm deeply grateful for all your kind words and support of my artwork!
COVID-19 Hiatus Update:
I am still here, but for the safety of several high risk individuals in my family I will not be attending live events until fall 2022 at the earliest. I'm avoiding the web and social media to stay sane, and focusing on my family. I check my email about once a week.
I will be working on new art while I am on this break, but my show inventory and supplies are in storage, and I won't be doing any framing or product making until re-launch. If you're looking to purchase art - prints and other lovely things are available in my automated online shoppe which is always open.
Please do everything you can to keep yourselves and others safe out there, fishfriends. Masks and vaccines save lives.
Email Contact Form
To Purchase Art:
• Please include the name of the item(s) of interest in the field provided.
• Non-local sales of limited prints processed securely though Etsy.
• Apologies, I do not ship glass, frames, or original paintings.
Art Licensing / Usage Inquiries / Legal:
• I retain all rights to every piece of my artwork in perpetuity.
• When working with others I may grant limited permissions at my discretion.
• My artwork and my name are my brand. I will not grant permission, sell rights, or license my artwork to represent
commercial interests or adorn products that are not branded as Amber Marine and under the control of my company.
• DO NOT use or reproduce my artwork or any version of it in any way without my express written consent in the form of a signed contract from my attorney. Doing so is theft of copyright protected intellectual property, very much against the law, and subject to claims for damages.
Art Suggestion List & About Commissions:
For the foreseeable future, I do not offer commissions. My creative spirit is a flighty creature, and art that is up to my standards is always born of random strikes of inspiration. However, I do keep a suggestion list of marine animals that my art collectors and friends would like to see in my artwork.
How The List Works:
These are suggestions, not a to-do list. If I paint something from the list, it is in no particular order. I spend a lot of time on each of my creations, averaging about 8 new paintings per year, so please remember it could be a really long time - there's easily eight years worth of art on this list!
If you'd like to add a sea critter name to the list, send me a message using the field above. In the event I paint your critter, I will send you an email! (If you want to call dibs on purchasing the original painting, let me know in your message.)
The List: (Links in blue are finished!)
California Grey Whale
Great White Shark II
Cuvier's Beaked Whale
Portuguese Man O' War
The Loch Ness Monster (!)
Leatherback Sea Turtle
Mole Crab / "Sand Flea"
Leafy Sea Dragon